Youth Director Position Available
This is a full-time, 30 hour/week (on average), position that includes benefits. This position requires an individual with a strong, committed relationship with Jesus Christ. The individual must be energetic and passionate about creating a youth ministry that inspires faith discovery, worship, creativity, service, and fun fellowship for youth in grades 6-12. The individual is responsible for invigorating youth to build strong, positive relationships with Jesus and each other. The individual will also serve as a mentor and positive Christian example for all youth within the church and the community.
In addition, the individual should possess organizational skills and be able to plan, lead, and guide projects and activities related to youth ministries. This would include the ability to work collaboratively with others, handle budgetary and financial obligations associated with the Youth ministry, and fulfill administrative responsibilities as a staff member of Hope UMC.
Requirements for the position include:
- Knowledge of United Methodist theology, doctrine, and structure;
- Completion of college-level or higher course work in Christian Education, and/or Youth Ministry and/or comparable experience;
- Agreement to complete Safe Sanctuaries Training;
- Minimum age of 23 to comply with Hope UMC Safe Sanctuaries policy;
- Agreement to complete certification in CPR and first aid;
- Willingness to obtain CDL license to drive church bus.
Interested individuals should submit a resume, with cover letter, and salary expectations to Mary Jane Harmony at email@example.com.
Deadline for submission is June 23, 2017.